Thursday, November 29, 2007

I am watching the movie "K-Pax," which I love... until it gets towards the end, and actually gets back into reality. Prot, the character played by Kevin Spacey, is just wonderful. I mean, he is actually a very confused human in a mental institution, who believes he is an alien from the planet K-Pax.

And, as an alien, he is this incredible compassionate being that you just end up loving. (And Jeff Bridges is very believable as the shrink who beings to believe that Prot is actually an alien)

I worked for a psychiatrist for almost two years, and got to know a few individuals who got locked away periodically into certain wards in Tucson hospitals. Some people need to escape from reality - and some days I can completely understand that.

Part of this relating to escape is the fact that I have to drive over an hour to tune a couple of pianos at a high school. I am grateful for the business, and normally I love long drives - it’s just that I have to be there BEFORE 7:30 a.m.

I’m not a morning person (family members could testify that I am not a human being until late afternoon), and I am still fighting the battle against Diet Coke. And I just KNOW I am going to succumb and get an extra-large Diet Coke... going and coming back home!

I guess there are worse things in the world - it’s not heroin or crack cocaine. I just keep thinking should be way beyond the temptation.

And all this began from watching the SciFi channel!

0 comments: