Monday, November 5, 2007

I just heard the gayest thing I've heard for a while on a 70's Hits cable station - "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow"... sung by a guy. Now it's back to normal ("Feel Like Makin' Love" by Bad Company) - but that's a question women ask, not men.

Weird.

And my daughter seems to be trapped in a 50's sitcom tonight; I'm a little bit worried about her. However, since her son is showing that her photographic genius is obviously being passed on, I will set that aside for the moment.

May I only add that each generation ('cept maybe Adam and Eve) looks back with fond remembrance of the 'old' days, which life was simpler, easier, and made more sense. When you are living through it, however, it's not a pretty site at times. So I will continue to stress the adage - "Just think, in six months, this will all be just a funny story to tell."

I must mention how much I enjoyed an antique, discarded trinket of years (months?) long past - 'someone's' old iPod shuffle. Radio station reception is less than perfect this far south (unless you like Mexican rock and very bad sombero music), and I absolutely savoured the half-hour drive into town this afternoon, listening to Randy Newman, Five for Fighting and Smashmouth. Even better was the fact that at least 75% of the songs I was playing I never would have HEARD unless I had been in California for that year. Hurrah for MP3 downloads, and my introduction to the iPod!

0 comments: