Thursday, November 8, 2007

I think I just had a spiritual vision.

I grew up with a lot of Catholic influence (my dad taught music in Catholic private schools, and my best friend in elementary school was Catholic), and all the faith-prompting tales about the Shroud of L-something, visions of deceased nuns in Mexico, Christ's image on an old tuna fish sandwich bun, etc. (sorry, this is sounding just a little bit more flippant than it should - well, actually, I do mean it to be slightly frivolous, I just am pretending to be concerned about offending someone... when I really don't care).

And today I (finally) received a connecting cord so I can download images from my digital camera (a wonderful gift from my daughter but one that I haven't used as much.... because I haven't had a cord so I can download anything) that have been clinging for about the last 18 months to whatever little digital chip hangs on to them....

Where was I? Oh, yeah, downloading. I just plugged in the cord this afternoon, and I swear, on the little monitor/view/lens on the camera, there appeared (GASH!) a photograph of JIM HALPERT. Honestly! It was just THERE. I think I fainted... but when I came back to consciousness a short while later, the image was STILL THERE.

Then I remembered that I had snapped a photo off the television the last episode I saw of "The Office" just for fun.

Oh, well. Things that happen to Mormons don't get canonized or put in the Deseret News or anything like that. Maybe you could just mention it around your local play group; let's see if we can get it posted on the Internet.... wait a minute, I just did that, didn't I? ;-)

0 comments: