Sunday, December 16, 2007

I feel somewhat reassured when Elder Ballard says that there were too many conversations going on about the Church for Church representatives to respond to each individually, and that Church leaders "can’t answer every question, satisfy every inquiry and respond to every inaccuracy that exists." He advised students that they should consider sharing their views on blogs, responding to online news reports and using the "new media" in other ways.

See, I'm not wasting time, I'm just being a good missionary! ;-)

Today I am running just a little bit gun-shy. After a very full day at church, interacting with people who are (as always in our ward) very accepting, supportive, and kind, I made an 'inappropriate' shhhing sound at home, that could possibly be related to the same sound you make to an animal, which somebody sort of blew up at. I have no trouble with anyone comparing me to an animal, so it's kind of hard to understand - but then again, I'm not offended by a whole lot of things. Home should be the place where you should be able to relax - and sometimes for me it's the last place I can relax.

The cold weather has brought out an amazing view of the stars out here. Since we have regulations about light pollution out here (and that expression always seemed so incredible SILLY to me... until I moved out here and got to appreciate what it is like to have a clear night sky), you can literally see thousands of stars (haven't started counting them yet, but I know I'd run out of fingers and toes pretty quick). I keep meaning to ask my son-in-law if the cold affects the air molecules and stills them enough that you can see better, but almost every time I talk to him, I am actually calling to talk to my daughter, so I forget.

I am going to attempt to attach a photograph to this just to see if I can do (I do have a priceless one of my husband sticking his finger up his nose, but I'll try to find something a little bit nicer to put on).

0 comments: