Monday, December 3, 2007

I here admit publicly (how much more public can you get than the Internet?) that I am a biased, prejudiced, very unfair individual. I normally (following my husband's teachings that over-tipping generally leads to much better service & attention the next time) (although I don't necessary tip as drastically as he does - 20% is okay, 60% is silly) tip whomever loads my hay at the feed store onto my truck (and sincerely wish that I could tip them enough to take them home and the UNload the stuff - oh, my aching back!).

And today I did NOT tip the dude that loaded my seven bales of alfalfa because he ended up being almost the epitome of a redneck - self-described "Irish Kentuckian" former Army Ranger, who maintains that 70% of the oil drilled in Alaska goes to the Japanese, "who own most the U.S. and we should have just bombed all to *@)$(* at the end of WWII", same option for the Middle East after the first Gulf War, and "there is MORE than enough oil for EVERY one in the world in the Texas and Arkansas fields - they just cap the wells and keep it a secret from everyone."

So... does that make me as bad as he is? I honestly believe any person capable of making you angry can control you - and I let this guy REALLY irritate me!

I also don't recycle my Caffeine-Free Diet Dr. Pepper soda cans - so I'm going straight to hell, I know.

However, I am incredibly proud of how professionally I handed not one but TWO calls today about, um, er... pianos not holding their entire tune from past week. I masterfully blamed it on our rather extreme weather over the weekend (rain, dropping temperatures, and CRAZY wind up to 80 mph which blew over a lot of trees, roofs, and brick walls... really!), and immediately offered a return visit for a free 'fix-it." Both clients/customers gratefully accepted, and I breathed a great big sigh of relief when I hung up. One thing a piano tuner does NOT need is unhappy piano-players - we really do rely on repeat business.

And I was also unrighteously proud of my daughter's observation of me starting and (hopefully) my own business - it is so nice to have hard work (and a real leap-of-faith for m) acknowledged. So thanks, kiddo (besides, you are the only one who reads this late-night ramblings of mine!!).

0 comments: