Wednesday, December 19, 2007

In the spirit of honesty, goodwill, and shopping at the last minute for presents you give to people you don’t really care a whole lot about but am certain they are going to buy you some sort of cheap left-over trash for has already been marked down 50% on some random Wal-Mart shelf, so you have to find something almost as cheesy and tasteless but not enough that it comes across that you think they are that sort of person (even though they obviously are)...

Wait a minute, where am I?

Oh, yes, honesty. I actually wrote everything following this paragraph yesterday, and somehow had to make that point.

So now this, this part below was written yesterday. I am writing THIS today, but everything else is from yesterday. I mean, I know I already said that, but then I wrote this, so now THIS is the starting point... Right here.

.................................

Your children are always your children. Doesn’t matter how old they are, how long they have been on their own - they are still your children. And then they go right ahead and do something that makes them a child again.

Today we went and saw "I Am Legend." The only thing I will tell you is that if you are as much as of a sap as I am, bring a box of tissues. I cried TWICE in about the first twenty minutes.

However, I may very well see it again, just to concentrate on the special effects AND the incredible background. I am one of those viewers who (besides sitting through the ending credits the first time I see any movie) tries to focus not on the main action, but what is happening in the background. And they did an incredible job in this movie with... well, I don’t want to ruin the movie for you, but I think you’ll know what I mean when you see it... that is, IF you see it... and if you are the type of person who NOTICES things like that....

0 comments: