Saturday, December 22, 2007

WHY DO PEOPLE THINK I HATE THEM?

Some days I am a little more short-tempered, and I think today is one of those days. I have had three different individuals saying, at different times today, "You hate me", two sort of kidding and one very serious when she told me she was not going to church. And I know they are looking for reassurance that yes, I do love them regardless. But some days I just want VERY much to say, "You know what, right now I'm not extremely fond of you, so you're kinda right!"

My dog never tells me anything except that he adores me (and he that he needs to pee every couple of hours), and my cat, although he does treat me most of the time with appropriate royal disdain, jumps into my lap a couple of times every day and confirms that I am the best available source of stroking (but only after he has attempted to have the dog groom him and given up on that as a bad idea). My horse even whinnies for me... well, if I am over 10 minutes late feeding him, and then it isn't exactly a whinny, it's kind of a "hey, lady, you're LATE!"

I know Heavenly Father loves me regardless of how silly I am, and thankfully I have an daughter who does seem appreciative of my motherly sympathy, being sisterly (i.e. church sister) appalled (i.e. actions of one Chris), and grandmotherly adoration of the two most remarkable children in the universe (i.e. her offspring and my grandchildren).

And that helps - a lot.

0 comments: