Sunday, January 6, 2008

NEW FAIL-SAFE DIET PLAN! LOSE 50 LBS IN 5 DAYS! SIX-PACK ABS IN ONE WEEK! SEND YOUR MONEY NOW!!!

If people can make millions from diets like Atkins & No Flour No Sugar, exercise programs such as Curves and Jazzercise, and machines that promise "only five minutes a day!" for a six-pack of abs, then I am certainly entitled to a piece of that pie with my great new idea.

METRIC!

Yes, that is right, metric measurements! Join everyone outside of the U.S. of A, and use measurements that are logical, consistent, and commonsensical. And (this is the main selling point here) usually SMALLER. Not as intimidating. Not as daunting. Not as discouraging. 30ºC just sounds cooler than 95 F., right? (And yes, this only works if you have never lived through a 30ºC day in northern Europe, with 99% humidity)

However, in totally reverse logic, I love the fact that in metric my HEIGHT is 175.26 (I am the shortest one in my family; and am getting shorter every year as my bones settle down.... literally).

So, join me (since the only non-plastic or metal tape measuring tape I have is metric, and metric ONLY) in using METRIC as guide. In centimeters, my waistline is MUCH more likely to change than using old inches (or, perhaps in my case, yards).

And now, after using a conversion chart to put my current waist-measurement, I am never, no, NEVER going to publicly declare what it is - metric, or otherwise! However, I now have a convenient, easy-to-remember even number (no guessing) which to move away from (hopefully, DOWN numerically).

0 comments: