Thursday, January 17, 2008

SOME FORM OF CHOCOLATE AND WARMTH

Tonight I want to have Harrison Ford (I just watched "Blade Runner," the full director’s cut) to feed me chocolate pudding, warm marshmallows (it’s supposed to get down to 12º tonight, so I’m playing it safe) and Hot Tang (you ever tried it? Sounds weird but oddly is pretty great... at least when it’s cold outside).

(I would have John Krasinski from "The Office" with grapes, but I found out today he is one month YOUNGER than my oldest child (DOB 12-20-79 - really!); I feel soooo lecherous now. Harrison Ford is over ten years my senior, so...)

But this has been a SUCKY afternoon. I am convinced that on certain days, the entire earth is flooded with negative radiation; it isn’t just me having a bad day, it is everyone. Road rage, irritated technicians, long lines of particularly annoyed individuals.

And I woke up from an actually pretty good nap (one of my specialities), immediately ready to crawl into a hole, wrap a blanket over my head and keen for the rest of the day (isn’t ‘keen’ just a cool word? It sounds totally Irish, and I don’t really know why - does anyone else keen?).

A large part of this, of course, has been several hours spent having an eye examination at the same time as my second child. Now, this girl of mine has worn glasses since (seriously) she was 16 months old. She has been through BILLIONS (well, maybe not that many) of eye exams. And she STILL acts like she’s three, especially getting that air-puff-glaucoma test.

And it didn’t help that the eye doctor gave me some sample contacts to put in; and the right eye lens was SOO far off prescription that I (literally) could not walk back to the exam room. How am I supposed to trust this guy that he can get anything ELSE right?

However, I do have some samples, and I definitely can see distances better (did you know that there are mountains where I love?!). But my fantasy wish above is still dancing before my eyes - and how bad would it be to have John there ALSO?

0 comments: