Sunday, June 8, 2008

DRUG ABUSE AND STINK BUGS

Drug abuse: The use of a drug for a purpose other than that for which it is normally prescribed or recommended.


Every evening, I let a wave of irritation wash over me whenever my husband pops his head out of the bedroom after he has taken his sleeping pill, wanting either another Mt. Dew (yes, honey, drink caffeine as you are trying to go to sleep) or chat (that pill lowers ALL inhibitions).

But this afternoon, after almost two solid days of being unable to keep my eyes open for more than a half-hour, and the same amount of time with a MONSTER head-ache, I took two Excedrin Migraine pills... FOR THE CAFFEINE.

If I was Catholic, I'd make myself go to confession tonight.

-------

Last night I had a stand-off with a stink bug, and it won the battle. Size was the determining factor - not MY size, but HIS. Little itty bitty bugs are fairly easy to classify as simply an airborne irritation - but black, solid, and oddly slow-moving insects the size of my palm somehow warrant some sort of respect.

When the bug was discovered slowly pacing the floor of my bathroom, I did the only thing I could humanely do - shut the door, called up Harmony to ask her advice about it, and allowed the bug enough time to escape.
I like to think of myself as humane rather than chicken.

1 comments:

Harmony said...

And when you call Harmony for advice, she calls her friend Google.

Google is knowledgeable, funny and she'll never steal your boyfriend.

(now that I've reread that, maybe I'm the one abusing drugs)