Saturday, September 6, 2008

ACCEPTANCE

Our personal little realities are confusing. We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE see them. What to one person is the random giggle of a passerby to another is someone making fun of them. An individual sees a room full of people staring at them - a person in the room isn't even aware of their presence. You can witness a beautiful sunset - or worry about cleaning the glass.


My husband and I argued for years about 'different' realities until I finally understood that 'his' reality was the only one he could be aware of. Mean people live in a mean world - suspicious people will always have great reasoning for their distrusts and paranoia - loving, caring people live in a happy world.

I came across this quote from (reputably from the Dali Lama - "The whole purpose of our life is to be happy." And to me most of that happiness comes from NOT concentrating on ME, but on YOU (i.e. the world at large). Not worrying about how silly/stupid/fat/ugly I might appear, but realizing how I can help all other other people who are scared silly about those exact same things.

0 comments: