Friday, October 17, 2008

SELF-PORTRAIT

Harmony offered a challenge via her blog to post a photograph of ourselves.

That, of course, brought on this tirade rather than a photograph:

ATTENTION: I am SO SORRY that we ALL have been duped (myself included) into believing that unless we are an anorexic and/or bulimic fashion model, (6'1", 105 lbs.), we are not beautiful.

Women, we are beautiful at 185 lbs. (me, yesterday on the scale at the gym) and when the dimension-limited camera lens makes us look wider than we actually are (and much wider than we actually want to BE), we need to accept that, celebrate it, and DEAL with it in a positive manner.

That being said, I will post my own photo on my website… someday.

And now I feel honor-bound to actually DO it.









What? So it's just my BACK?! Come on, one step at a time.

0 comments: