Thursday, December 18, 2008

NEVER HAVING TO SAY YOU'RE SORRY

If you held a job where you were proved about 85% of the time to be incorrect, misleading and responsible for widespread panic, would you expect stable employment?


Once again, the weather forecasters were utterly and completely WRONG. Today was sunny, bright and cold, with slight showers early this morning. And tonight is one of those brilliant, cold and (as of 1924 hours) moon-less nights where you can almost reach out and touch the stars.

It's beautiful; but no a flake of snow.
Now I do freely admit I may wake up tomorrow morning and have to shovel a path to the hay shed (shoveling with a teaspoon since the only sort of shovel I have is actuall IN afore-mentioned hay shed).
But I'll take my chances.

3 comments:

Cheri Block Sabraw said...

Hooray for Las Cruces! I spent three years there when my dad was a dentist at White Sands Proving Grounds..whenever I travel to New Mexico, that strange vortex comes back.

I am not sure about the usage of various profanity, but your point about the "f" word (as fatso) was salient.
Thanks,
Cheri

Lisa said...

Okay, when I read the first sentence I thought you were talking about the President of the US.

Did you do that on purpose? Or am I just weird?

Oh, and what did you want me to search for at the garage sales? I do indeed take requests.

Hope said...

I like the thought about that being the President - thanks, Lisa.

Now, at garage sales - 6'2 or taller, good sense of humor, rides horses... oh, wait a minute, you probably don't get many of those at garage sales, do you? ;-)