Wednesday, April 29, 2009

4 4 4

I'm not into numbers.

I mean, I am into numbers with things such as 6 is a great number, but 3 is petty and mean.

42 is a mellow number, and 87 is just spiteful.

But 666 being a sign of Satan - heck, my land line that just got dropped when I began wireless internet has a 666 in it. I don't think that increased the numbers of telemarketers who called.

I especially get confused with things like the word Hello → 8 + 5 + 3 + 3 + 6 = 25 → 2 + 5 = 7, which means that you shouldn't ride elevators in months ending in the letter Q.

And Tom Cruise being born 7-3-1962, so break down the birthday numbers: 7 + 3 + 1 + 9 + 6 + 2 = 282 + 8 =101 + 0= 11 is his "lifepath" number - could that be why he's only 5'7"?

Did the people who come up with these things get beat up by a calculator in their youth and are fighting the repressed memories? Have an incredible crush on their trigonometry teacher? Were locked in rooms for long periods of time with only accounting logs available for amusement?

Here is another example from http://spiritlink.com/repeating.html:

"I have been receiving a steadily increasing number of e-mails from people who have noticed repeating patterns of numbers. Most people report three repeating digits . . .

"Where do these repeating numbers show up? .. order confirmation and reference numbers, "pin" numbers, car registration numbers and license plates, (and the) digital clock.

"It’s a lot easier to notice repeating numbers on a digital clock than on a traditional "big hand-little hand" clock. Multiples such as 3:33, 4:44 or 11:11 are hard to even spot on a traditional clock."

Harder to spot? Are you kidding?! Has anyone in their entire life ever looked at an analog clock and thought, "Wow! It's two-twenty-two, and that's three number in a role!"

(However, I will openly admit to opening my eyes in the middle of the night, seeing "1:09" and lying awake then until it becomes 1:11)

So I guess it's different if you just like numbers, but a little weird when you believe numbers.

This entire rambling blog began because I noticed a significant number sequence to night - two blogs ago, I posted my 444th blog on this website.

If that isn't more than a little scary, I don't know what it.

2 comments:

bbyucca said...

Take a look at http://www.timeassociation.net/ a website dedicated to the instant associations we have with numbers on the digital clock

Hope said...

Thanks - that website is cool!