Saturday, May 2, 2009

THE FORMER JOLLY GREEN GIANT

This is exactly the way I feel. I am shrinking.

When I was in fourth grade, I was taller than my mother, my teacher, and the principal of my elementary school.

When I was in sixth grade, I was the same height as my brother, who is five years and two days older than me.

In high school, I was the second tallest girl there - Jane Witherspoon was at least six feet, I think.

My first year of college, I grew almost half an inch more - I believe it was because it was my first exposure to clean air. If I hadn't grown up in the smog of Los Angeles, I might be 6'5" right now.

I married someone tall- 6'4" - and that made me feel a little bit shorter.

And then my kids began growing up - and suddenly I was the shortest in the family.

Say WHAT?

Now I am literally one full inch shorter because of my spine compressing. It's not weak or bent or anything - it's just shrunk.


So when Colin and Kate are in fourth grade, they are going to TOWER over me, you just wait and see.

0 comments: