Thursday, June 18, 2009

PLAYING COWBOY

I like individuals with a bit of an attitude.

Ones that draw outside the borders. Uses only broken crayons. Scribble all over newspapers instead of their coloring books.

And why am I using elementary school examples?

I don't go out of my way to break the law - in fact, I discovered last night I was driving without my wallet (i.e. drivers license, any identification AND my ATM... which is how I discovered I did not have it), I was quite upset - at myself.

Well, and the fact that I couldn't get any money out of the bank, but that's another problem.

But I admit that in a lot of things which are NOT criminally connected I like seeing how much I can get away with.

I play devil's advocate, questioning the liberal case as if I'm a conservative... and then the conservative as if I'm a liberal.

If I am instructed to go sixteen steps, then I just have to find out what happens when I go twenty.

Well, to be perfectly honest, I am much more the type to go twelve steps and see if I can get away with that. Lazy, no - energy-saving, yes.

So today when I mounted a little sorrel gelding (appropriately named 'Red'), I noticed that he was not especially eager to leave the barn and his fellow horses.

Oh, no.

It was fun to have a horse who did not want to obey - in any way possible.

Wait a minute, I have one of those at HOME.

0 comments: