Tuesday, September 8, 2009

WHERE ARE YOU RIGHT NOW?

Most of us spend a great deal of time in the past; what happened, what could have happened, and why did it happen.

And then we get lost in the future - what if this doesn't happen, how could I possible deal with this, and the ultimate the world will simply END if THIS does/doesn't occur.

So very little time is spent in the present, thinking about exactly where we are, what we are experiencing, and how grateful we should be for just that.

I have just begun a book about a young boy being forced to become a revolutionary solider in Sierra Leona.


So this evening I am especially thankful for living in a free country, staying in a home with running water and food, and the wonderful feeling of safety.

But I am not worrying about a possible future with war-time conditions - I am not looking back to what I should have done to prepare for something like that - I am just sitting here savouring the taste of my Diet Coke, listening to Kate sing nonsensical songs to herself, feeling a cool breeze on my left arm, and spouting nonsense on my blog.


Life is good.

1 comments:

Annette said...

Never hurts to count one's blessings...we have so many! Thanks for this post. Enjoy those grandkids!!