Tuesday, January 26, 2010

ROCK A BYE BABY

Rock-a-bye-baby, on the treetop
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock.
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall
And down will come baby cradle and all.

Is it just me, or are those lyrics just more than a little creepy?

Last night I got once again to sleep at a hospital with wires pasted onto my head and legs, my chin taped up, and a plastic mask over my face.

While people were actually paid to watch and record me drooling, dreaming and more than likely muttering ancient Egyptian curses in my sleep.

They did offer me a free cafeteria breakfast when I woke up promptly at 5 a.m., but I passed (hospital cafeterias are even scarier looking in the pre-dawn darkness).

Makes me appreciate more and more sleeping in my own bed tonight.

0 comments: