Monday, March 15, 2010

SERENDIPITY OR FAITH?

Last night I was blogging (defined as Hope's late-at-night randomings) about my truck and bumper stickers....

... and then this morning at least eleven of those gummed labels need to be replaced.

As well as the passenger door of my truck.

But that, of course, is secondary.

The accident was almost poetic - a little old lady (literally - probably in her late 60's or early 70's) drove out a church parking lot directly into the side of my truck.

She wasn't hurt, I wasn't hurt, but of course we had to have the police come and make a report - and because of her age, I asked that the EMTs also come and make certain she was okay.

Know what? We've got a lot of cute fireman, EMTs and cops here in Sierra Vista.

The only problem, really, was that the one car rental place in town closes at noon on Saturday... and the accident happened at 11:50 a.m.

The truck made it home -- but only after I made certain the insurance company wouldn't have any problem towing it if we couldn't make it all the way.

Rental car on Monday - what fun!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh what joy! So glad that no one was hurt, whew!