Sunday, September 23, 2007

"FLUSHED FROM THE BATHROOM OF YOU HEART"

Actual song of Johnny Cash's - really!

Spending 14 hours straight with six other women today was FANTASTIC. Just what I needed. Lighthearted banter - lots of cheerfulness and laughter - learning all sorts of trivia regarding each other. I only knew two others fairly well - now I feel like a sisterly bond with the other four.

Also did my normal making great friendships in the hallways and waiting in line. When the rest of the gang would catch up (or I would catch up to them), they'd ask, "How long have you been friends with this person?" and I could look at my watch and say, "About 45 seconds." I LOVE bonding with people - if nothing else, I give them a reason to smile, and that's all I really want.

Ridiculous note: why is it when I leave for the day/week/month that suddenly the horse/ dog/cat are immediately 'close to death' 'won't eat' 'is listness/'exhausted" or has a high LDL level?! Today it was Sally 'not eating a single bite of hay' - and of course, when I get home @ 11:30 p.m., she cheerfully eats the offered carrots and goes on to chase the colt away from getting his!

Oh, well, I'm just extremely grateful that I don't let things like that spoil my day - I am more and more convinced that worrying is a complete waste of my hard-earned time.

0 comments: