Sunday, October 28, 2007

I simply love watching children in church sing and give short, memorized little bits of scriptures and/or spiritual thoughts - that is, I love it IF I do NOT 1) have a child up there to worry about and.or 2) be in charge of any group of the children that are in the presentation.

And talking today to a woman I have known for over eight years, I discovered something I never knew - she is dyslectic enough that she cannot read at all normally - she has to read a sentence at least three times (and I mean EACH and every sentence) to make certain she is getting it right. Very bright, very dynamic woman, always in a leadership position, very involved in her community. And she has to face this each and every day.

Wow, and sometimes I complain about stumbling over words and forgetting things.

0 comments: