Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I never think of myself as a procrastinator, but I obviously AM. Today I have only been doing things that I really like doing, instead of the necessary cleaning for my soon-to-be house guests. And I really don't think I'm going to be able to stay up very late tonight.

But ONE thing that was pretty cool - after having a less-than-wonderful late breakfast with a rather grumpy individual (no, not my husband this time), stopping at the bank to get some cash to pay for a remarkable canine transformation (my dog got his first bath in about five years, and is now looking very sharp), and discovering due to a duplicate payment, I was MINUS some significant money in my main account, and having to scramble and borrow money from afore-mentioned-grumpy-individuals account (it is nice sometimes having your kid to be able to swipe some money from)....

... and THEN stopped by Target (they have the cleanest public restrooms), was very forcibly reminded that I could NOT do any shopping (aforementioned shortage of cash), but THEN finally did something VERY smart. It's my version of "Count Your Many Blessings." I am a writing sort of person - so I began to list the NEGATIVE things that had happened today (three) and then began listing the POSITIVE things that had happened today - and after about twenty-five, began to feel much better about my day.

However, on second thought, I am writing this blog-silliness to AVOID doing any more cleaning.... AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!

0 comments: