Monday, November 19, 2007

I may have created a monster today. I took my cat to the vet today - first time he has been outside of the house in about six years. He had quickly fought his way out of TWO boxes I created as possible carriers for him (this cat is not a wimp), so I wrapped him up in a towel and just carried him out.

Fortunately, once in the truck, he climbed up right next to the rear window, and besides making horrible moaning sounds and panting heavily in my ear, was pretty good the entire drive in (although I was completely on-edge, waiting for him to freak out and jump on the gas pedal or something).

At the vets, he was surrounded by dogs - which actually made him pretty comfortable, since he is the boss of two dogs at home. And the vet was wonderful, the cat was even calm as she was doing two injections.

However, now I have a cat who waits at the front door - who has discovered the outside world at last. I am fully expecting to wake up in the morning to find my truck and keys missing, and CNN to have live-coverage of a cat driving a pick-up on I-10, headed towards Texas (who knows why, Texas just always sounds like a place a cat would head towards; maybe because of cattle and beef).

Again, watch Headline News in the morning.

0 comments: