Saturday, November 17, 2007

My dog began furiously barking this afternoon, and obviously had seen something he considered threatening/evil outside that was going to place all of us in mortal jeopardy - most likely a rabbit or the neighbor's dog who often wanders by. Since I greatly respect his opinion (he is good at pointing out illegals cutting through our back yard, although I may not agree with his view of killer-rabbits), I opened the front door and let him out to explore/meet the danger head-on.

And I don't know why I was so surprised to find a turtle outside our door. Well, to be perfectly honest, I was surprised because I thought it was simply a ROCK at first - with the head and legs all tucked neatly in, it did look just like the rest of the rocks around the base of our house. When the little turtle-head popped out, I did a little dance of surprise and glee, and considered seriously (for just a moment) trapping it and KEEPING it until my grandchildren get here in (what) four days.

I have decided to NOT paint anymore until after Thanksgiving, when I can take advantage of my daughter's expert opinion and great eye for color. Of course, I will have to make certain that she does approve of the color mistakes - excuse me, CHOICES that have already been afflicted upon my poor rooms (hint hint hint). However, since I have to rely on her and her husband's assistance to get my hay shed roof (finally) on, I guess I may need to tread softly.

No, the heck with it, I will STOMP and HAVE MY WAY. HA, NO MATTER WHAT! Bigfoot, watch out, here I come!

0 comments: