Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I'm painting the front room of my house, and trying not to wince about the shades of green I selected. The first wall was horrible - too flat (the paint, as opposed to semi-gloss that I thought it was - yes, I know, walls are supposed to be flat) - but after I removed the blindingly-blue painters tape and put back up all my wall junk (chalkboard, bulletin board, coat hangers, etc), it wasn't too bad. I am keeping my fingers crossed about wall #2, but I am also stopping to let it settle in a bit more before I tackle any more.

I am certain a nap will make almost everything all better. Only I do have a new problem child at home - Dehlia, a three-year-old retired racer, who sleeps like the proverbial log except when I am trying to sleep. Then she paces back and forth, with her two I.D. tags clanging together like cymbals, comes up to my feet, sniffs at my toes, and the sighs as loudly as she can. She's sound asleep on her back right now, so I may try to sneak off without waking her.

Wish me luck.

0 comments: