Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I am officially an old person now.

Driving has always been a major form of recreation to me. I mean, I grew up in L.A., and if you can't deal with the freeways, you don't survive (actually, not quite that bad, but....). In fact, I got a great quote forwarded to me today: "If you raise your children to be nice and polite, they'll never be able to merge onto a freeway."

But (back to driving) some of my best memories are from cross-country driving trips... well, maybe I better admit that those are cross-country trips with my DAUGHTER. Although the Kalamazoo to Las Vegas straight-through-no-stops-except-for-bathroom-breaks-with-a-puppy-in-the-car-through-MAJOR-rain-deludes-and-tornado-warnings was sort of fun also...

However, after driving to Benson, ONLY 48 miles north of me, on Friday, yesterday AND today - my butt is tired, my eyes are tired, I am even tired of iPod songs that I have CHANGED for each ride!!!!

So there is an old lady inside of me whining and complaining, and I'm afraid, VERY afraid, that I am going to start LISTING to her!!

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

0 comments: