Thursday, December 6, 2007

I am seriously beginning to doubt myself. I mean, I have been tuning pianos off and on for more than a few years, and generally when I am done with a piano, it sounds better. That's the entire idea.

Now I have made THREE trips to Benson for TWO pianos - and will be going the third time to another one in Hereford. What is wrong with me?! Or are there evil genies hiding behind the keyboards and messing me up on purpose? A curse from another tuner I don't know about in town?

So I am dealing with it the only way I know; forcing myself to PRACTICE more. I have a decent Yamaha at home, and I can play/work with it for hours if I need to - and I think I need to.

However, it is also n0t a whole lot of fun to untune your piano and then retune it. I guess I should look positively at the situation - I will have a fridge full of Caffeine-Free-Diet-Dr-Pepper on hand, two dogs will will watch me adoringly, and a cat will will insist on walking on the keyboard occasionally to play "As Time Goes By." And I can take a break anytime I want without having to worry about the person who is paying me walking in.

Okay, now can someone remind me of these wonderful aspects tomorrow when I have to take my Yamaha apart?

0 comments: