Thursday, December 13, 2007

It is amazing how the holiday season brings out the most un-holiday spirits out in people. I saw two cars battling for the same handicapped parking space (and yes, both had handicapped plates). Somehow that it just wrong.

So I feel it is my ill-appointed duty (line from a song) to somehow turn peoples' attitudes around for at least 23 seconds. Today, I did get a scowling women (isn't scowling a cool word? You have to scowl to even READ it) in line at the pharmacy to laugh, a cashier to smile, and Target to report an increase of 0.0006% increase in their profits for this quarter. It helps that I have no shame and no embarrassment meter; if I can be silly, I'll be silly.

I'm very glad my truck (or rather the bumper-statements ON my truck) makes people smile - while walking by, in the car behind me, and (inevitably) the car right in my blind spot, but with the passenger reading them aloud for the driver. I have met, however, ONE person who is completely convinced that all my stickers are WRONG - "How do you think you are ever going to SELL it? Don't you know it's damaging the PAINT!'

And one more good thing about my truck - no one would ever dare steal it (I can just hear the Sierra Vista police car's radio: "Be on the look-out for that goofy truck with all the stickers - this town is small enough that most people KNOW it's my truck!).

0 comments: