Tuesday, January 29, 2008

R - E - S - P - E - C - T

Straight from Webster’s: "To feel or show honor or esteem for; hold in high regard."

Or as the Supremes sing, "What you want, baby, I got, what you need, you know I got it, All I’m askin’ is for a little respect"

I mentioned to a certain someone that he obviously respected Mr. So-And-So, and it was apparent because he (the certain someone, not Mr. So-And-So) very rarely did show respect to ANYone. This actually lead to a discussion (which in previous days / months / years has been completely nonexistent with this individual (not Mr. So-And-So), because any dialogue that might/could/perhaps/perchance/wildest-stretch-of-imagination lead to criticism / distrust / unfavorable judgment / chastisement and so instead has normally unleashed an avalanche of anger / frustration / agitation instead of any sort of discussion... now can we please end this long parenthetical aside?), and an actual admission of "gee, maybe I should think about that, because if I am not showing respect, then I am limiting things I could be learning from them!"

No, the earth has stopped spinning, and as far as I know the regular laws of gravity and bread-will-usually-land-butter-side-down still exist. But I had to sit down for a minute or two after this just to catch my breath!

(Now I have another question; at the end of the song, the lyrics so "R E S P E C T, find out what it means to me, R E S P E C T, take out T C P" - wha?! RESE? What the heck does that mean?!)

0 comments: