Monday, February 18, 2008

AH STOP YOUR WHINING WOMAN

I am such an evil, evil person. I cannot believe how bad I am. I should probably be put in prison - or at least a mental institution. I ate, tonight, all by myself, an entire Ben and Jerry sized ice cream container. I am certain there are laws in place to keep this from happening; I just couldn’t help myself.

Moving on - I am watching the television show "Medium," and the main character, in the midst of a case involving the kidnaping of a deaf girl, wakes up in the middle of the night, and she is deaf. And I am soooo incredibly unsympathetic about her situation. I guess I’ve been struggling with hearing loss for so long that I’m like, yeah, big deal, so she isn’t even attempting to lip-read people about her - and she keeps shouting, somehow thinking it’s going to help, and just freaks out the people around her - she doesn’t even know the ASL sign for "thank you"!

See!? I really AM evil!

And after tuning a small cabinet piano this morning (which means with every single string of the piano, I had to stand up to tune it, and then sit back down for the next string - lotsa up and down for over an hour), doing about an hour of (admittedly, a pleasurable hour) wandering around Target, and then moving eight bales of hay this afternoon... I am not doing anything more than simply sit at my computer chair and try very, very hard not to move my back at ALL.

And yeah, right, it’s now the very end of Medium... guess what? She got her hearing back once the case was solved. I guess I am just feeling very sorry for myself tonight. AND I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR like a normal person. AND I want my back to stop hurting. AND I want more ice cream. And I’d like Liam Neeson to stop by for a chat. And I’d like all my laundry to be done tonight by elves that can keep an eye on the washing machine and not let it overfill and also hang up everything immediately from the dryer. And I’d like to have the family room painted a slightly different shade of blue on five walls. And I want a completely new laptop computer that will print without a cable (I’m certain there is a name for that - some sort of reception/wireless/blahdeblah, but I don’t remember it) and not crash 3 to 4 times a day.

Oh, I’d like to live in the country, and have a pony, and a dog... no, wait, I already have those, don’t I? Guess I should stop griping and go to bed. Tomorrow - another day!

2 comments:

Harmony said...

I'm so proud of you for doing that piano!

(whisper) That blog that you secretly read, she has a new entry. Go check it out!

Harmony said...

(missed very obvious "Medium Lady is Deaf? Excuse me" joke that Josiah would have been all over)

I'm such a disappointing child.

(to brighten you up--"The memories of my family outings are still a source of strength to me.
I remember we'd all pile into the car - I forget what kind it was - and drive and drive. I'm not sure where we'd go, but I think there were some trees there. The smell of something was strong in the air as we played whatever sport we played. I remember a bigger, older guy we called "Dad." We'd eat some stuff, or not, and then I think we went home. I guess some things never leave you.)

Woweee! Looooooooong comment