Tuesday, February 19, 2008

MOVIE THEATRES AT 2:50 IN THE AFTERNOON

It wasn't the largest one of the 12 theaters, but it could have very easily been the emptiest this afternoon. Five of us total watching "Juno" - one older couple, one younger couple, and ME.

There are some definite advantages to watching a movie in a crowded theater. When you cry/laugh/sigh with a lot of other people, it isn't so obvious. But when you are the only one who is noisily blowing your nose in an extremely under-occupied room, it does come across with some depth.

I'm glad I am not one of those who embarrasses easily - otherwise, I would already be red-with-shame from not noticing one of the speed bumps at the mall and EVERthing in the back of my truck, to include a metal shovel, bounced UP and then very noisily DOWN right in front of one of the main entrances to the mall. \

Besides, I am accustomed to people staring at my truck,... and no one could have been staring at me because I was already curled in the fetal position under the dashboard.

And I did sit in the theater through the entire closing credits - which I do normally, but THIS time was extra nice because I could ensure that I didn't have mascara running down my cheeks.

Left-over popcorn, anyone?

2 comments:

Harmony said...

Whoa! I JUST noticed that you changed your comment thing AGAIN! HOW are you doing this? I just spent a insane amount of time trying to work it out yesterday.

Harmony said...

I warned you about the Juno crying! Good thing I was upstairs watching it on...um, I mean watching it in a theatre as it is CLEARLY Only In Theatres. How else would I watch it? Ahem.