Saturday, February 16, 2008

ALL THINGS ARE RELATIVE

I am going to complain about things, but after reading a friend-of-a-friend's blog, I really have had an extremely terrific, wonderful day.

However, I am still gonna gripe.

I was sitting at my computer, chipping away at the weekly church bulletin that I am responsible for, when out of the corner of my eye, I caught one of my favorite sights - my black and white Paint gelding cantering across the field.

And it took just a second more to realize that the field he was cantering across was OUTSIDE the fenced area he is supposed to be INSIDE of.

Luckily for me, this horse is also a complete sucker for carrots, and was quickly guided back inside the fence by just waving a vegetable in front of him.

The mare, however, was ready to experience some more freedom, and took a little more convincing to get back. And tonight AGAIN proved to be the problem child when I was doing the nightly swap (I have to feed her seperately or she gives almost all the hay up to the gelding). While hanging on to our greyhound (who cannot be let off a leash), the mare made a dash for the open range, and even when 'roped' (purely symbolic language - I managed to get a lead rope around her neck just before she took off), she didn't want to go in through the gate, but the Paint was determined to get OUT.

Everyone is safe and sound and where they are supposed to be at the moment.

But for the first time in my life I am just a little concerned about my blood pressure.

2 comments:

Harmony said...

Holy crap! I was worried there for a minute--what's with those horses of yours taking off? maybe they were just coming to help update the bulletin (or lay the smackdown on certain bishopric members who didn't send you their emails earlier)

Yeah, I bet that was it. Watch out, Sally and Najale (sp?) are coming (trying to come up with some carefully constructed "Godfather horse head in the bed" reference, but it's too stiking late at night)

Hope said...

I think the Godfather reproduction will involve the head of a certain greyhound; Sally has begun to take a serious dislike to Dehlia.

Photos will follow, of course, when it does occur.