Thursday, February 14, 2008

IS RUNNING AWAY A POSSIBILITY?

I have nothing to complain about. I have three grown-up children, all living away from home - my husband has WILLINGLY given up the 'extra' medications he was on - I do not have a full-time job that I have to go to - I do not have any kind of demanding, last-minute church calling.

BUT I DO WANT TO STOP TOMORROW FROM COMING.

It's supposed to snow - really, it's supposed to snow here. Probably just a couple of inches, and people here normally do handle it better than in Maryland (which isn't saying anything at all - Maryland used to go into crisis mode at the slightest possibility of anything white coming down from the sky).

And I've been helping out at the local cafe Friday mornings... but it means getting up EARLY (want some cheese to go with that whine?), and running around with an sore ankle (yeah, it's not broken, or twisted, just sore) and being nice to the cook and customers.

But the WORST part of is, I have a piano to tune - AND I DON'T WANT TO. I feel like I have lost whatever talent I did have after the last four tunings I have done - the pianos sounded WORSE when I was done with them. And I just haven't been brave enough to call the lady and simply cancel it.

So let's see if we can use all this to my advantage -- if it snows enough tonight that the cafe doesn't open AND it's unsafe enough to drive into town for the tuning....

Hey! We got a plan!

2 comments:

Harmony said...

HEY! How did you change that "Supposedly Written By Hope The One and Only"? My aging mother is NOT supposed to be able to do things I can't!

Hope said...

I have powers which you know not. Stand aside for the ultimate in Old Lady Control - I call for RANDOM EXPERIMENTION OF ANY AND ALL BLOG OPTIONS! (Heavy thunder and lightening bolts with ominous instrumental music in the background) (scheduled to be released to theatres in early 2009)