Monday, March 31, 2008

OPPOSITION IN ALL THINGS

I'll admit that I am getting older. In fact, I HATE it when people my age (52 and counting) are called 'middle-aged.' I have no wish to live to be 104 (scares me to death to see a Barbara Walters special advertising about how we can all live to be 150), so I'm okay being simply old.

And I will agree that my back/spine/muscles attached are long past their prime, if they ever had a prime. I have developed highly complex methods to deal with large loads (ie sliding, walking, one bag at a time, playing the helpless female when a macho man is around), and so have not strained it in quite a long time.

So I have no idea what happened to it on Saturday. At breakfast, it was a little stiff - when I got home with a truck load of hay, it was beginning to hurt enough that I put off unloading the hay until after a nap - and then after the nap, could not get out of bed by myself.

Could it be a curse? My cat was very excited to have me confined to be bed (more attention paid to him as I struggled to not have him take over the entire area). But my husband was extrememly exasperated to have to unload, and take care of, ALL the groceries. My dog has been standing guard at the foot of my bed, while the greyhound keeps whining at the door (she is not allowed inside). And my horse keeps whinning for me - that pitiful 'no one is paying attention to me, I'm not getting fed enough, and when are the carrots gonna come my way?' (can you tell this lap-pet is spoiled rotten?)

I just want to be all better THIS VERY SECOND... and it ain't gonna happen that way (never does). I've been sitting at the computer for almost thirty minutes, and am going to have to crawl back to bed for a couple of hours to recover since all my muscles are seizing up back there.

So, don't weep for me, but any extra prayers would be appreciated... that is, after praying for all the people who REALLY need help, not just grumpy old women who are temporarily not able to do everything they want to do.

0 comments: