Thursday, March 27, 2008

SPEED LIMIT

Today it was reinforced (once again) that there is a reason I keep the speed limit. I mean, I drive right at the speed limit. Like driving 25 miltes per hour when the sign says 25 miles per hour. I drive quite a few people (to include my daughter and my son) completely crazy, and have probably caused more than my share of accidents (since people seem obligated to pass me at whatever risk).

But this afternoon, I got distracted (a wonderful call from my aforementioned daughter, and simply having a nice chill), and didn't realize I was running late for an appointment in Benson at 2:00 p.m. until I left the house, and noticed that it was, yes, 1:10 p.m. For those of you unfamiliar with the area with which I live, I live twenty minutes south of a town which is about forty-five minutes south of Benson. So add 20 + 45 to 1:10 ... carry the five... square root of 37.... well, whatever, it ends up being I had to be there in less time than I actually had in reality.


So, for once in my life (well, actually, maybe the third time - I remember going a little over the speed limit when I was following the car that contained my daughter - yes, the same one - was in labor with her first child - and I'm pretty certain I speed a little when I was drving myself to the hospital to give birth to my third child) I decided that I would do what every other driver in the United States does automatically - drive five miles an hour OVER the speed limit.


So I did - and I got there on time. I didn't get stopped by a cop. I didn't get a speeding ticket.

But, MAN, am I feeling SO GUILTY.


It's just easier for me to keep the law, and not have to worry about it.


Except when someone is having a baby.

2 comments:

Harmony said...

First of all, thank you for speeding while a certain someone was in labor.

You belong in Hawaii--NO ONE drives the speed limit! COME ON! COME ON!

Harmony said...

I LOVE the new Kate picture with overlay. Can you design mine? I still have no idea how you do half the things you do!