Tuesday, May 20, 2008

AN ARTIST OR A FREAK

When handed a form to fill out, my first impulse is to critic the formatting. And when faced with a completely unreadable font, scrunched and squeezed tiny itty-bitty spaces to put things long things like social security & phone numbers, I spend several hours of a hot Arizona evening bent over a hot computer keyboard making a completely new form.

I don't even WORK for these people, and tomorrow I am going to hand them a wonderfully legible, compact yet precise original to use if the office manager likes it.

Do I need help? Especially since I thoroughly ENJOYED almost every moment of doing it. It could be elevated by calling it graphic design - it could be labeled obsessive behavior - I think I just need to figure out a way to get PAID for this.


P.S. 24 hours later - AHA! I feel COMPLETELY justified. The office manager contacted me after reviewing the form and says they will be PLEASED to use it from now on.

Hmm... sending them a bill now would look pretty cheap, wouldn't it?

2 comments:

Jen said...

I DO THIS TOO!! My most valuable contribution to my workplace... the re-vamping of EVERY SINGLE FREAKING FORM because I can't handle the stupidity of bad formatting and inadequate space. And don't even get me started on typo's.
I guess this is maybe why God made some of us just a little tiny bit OCD- to make the world slightly more organized and efficient.

Jen said...

I DO THIS TOO!! My most valuable contribution to my workplace... the re-vamping of EVERY SINGLE FREAKING FORM because I can't handle the stupidity of bad formatting and inadequate space. And don't even get me started on typo's.
I guess this is maybe why God made some of us just a little tiny bit OCD- to make the world slightly more organized and efficient.