Tuesday, May 27, 2008

CATHOLIC LATTER-DAY SAINT BUDDIST




A Catholic friend/neighbor whose daughter converted to the LDS church didn't speak to her for a couple of years.
My brother and I were never able to discuss any spiritual matters until he became a Buddhist.
The so-called 'suicide-bombers' ('homicide-bombers' seems more appropriate) kill themselves as an act of devotion to God. And yet we all hold the same belief; love God and treat others as He (or She, to some people) would.
Yes, I know, I still believe everyone can hold hands around a campfire, sing "Kumbiya" (sp?) and (perhaps most importantly) make s'mores. I do understand what separates us (there is more than one reason, yes), but this entire thread of thought was prompted by an old re-run of 'Enterprise' on the boob tube last night about a civilization that had been at war for centuries over a theological argument about how many days it had taken God to create their world (nine vs. ten).
Come on, people, aren't we smarter than this?

1 comments:

Harmony said...

Wow, deep spritual thoughts. I think that w....heeey, a new background? Neato!