Monday, June 23, 2008

A BLANK CANVAS

I am reading an extremely interesting books titled "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert, and it has prompted some unique lines of thinking.

Number one: that ugly hotel room I have been staying in the last few days was actually a clean slate. This room had no previous memories, associations, bad vibes, etc. Everything that was in that room was what I had brought in, and nothing else. The horrible television reception and poor lightening only guided me into self-awareness and some rather profound thinking.

Now I am determined when I get home tomorrow to finish a transformation of sorts in my own home - the painting that was only partial begun before Harmony and Blake came to visit - the idea of allowing energy to flow through the rooms - to put my favorite things in plain view. To bring out the optimism and cheerfulness that I want to continually experience.

So look forward to my POTM (Project of the Month) or LCA (Life-Changing Alterations) or JGEIGG (Just Get Everything in Gear, Girlfriend!).

1 comments:

Jen said...

I would love my bedroom to be like a really nice hotel room- all clutter-free & peaceful. I need to work on that, too. I tend to collect too much random junk and it does mess up the "flow" of things in my house, and then I get stressed out about all the clutter. All that junk is not worth the stress.