Wednesday, August 5, 2009

ACCEPT REALITY AS IT IS

I have spent years, literally years, beating myself up about something I haven't done, did do, shouldn't have, should have , could have, couldn't have or forgot.

And I am discovering after fifty-some odd years ('and believe you me, they have been very odd years!" in a Groucho Marx voice), what a total and complete waste of time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a complete fatalist. I think you should try, you should plan, you should do you best.

But if it's in the future, and you have no power over it, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.

If it's the past, LET IT GO.

I have regained 2.8 years just in the last two weeks, and have spent that recouped time trying in vain to beat Harmony's score at Bejeweled Blitz.

And failing miserably.

2 comments:

Harmony said...

This was EXACTLY what I needed to read before heading off to a 3 hour dance rehersal (sp?)

I AM THE BEJEWELED MASTER!!

BOW TO MEEEEEEEE!

Annette said...

Just accept that Harmony is the Bejeweled Queen and we all bow down to her mighty powers.