Friday, September 4, 2009

FRIGGIN' BAD LANGUAGE

Okay, this is an honest and fair warning.

(And why is it correct to use 'an' when it's before a consonant? It's supposed to be just before vowels, isn't it?)

No, really, I am not trying to be cute or get you to read further on when you shouldn't.

If you are offended by, let us use the term "inappropriate" words - social offensive dialogue - okay, BAD LANGUAGE, do NOT, repeat, do NOT read any further.

And once again, I am not trying to be funny. If things like that bother you, please close this window right now.

Tonight, my daughter and son-in-law were putting together and grilled 'foil' dinners (a la camping and Boy Scouts and all that) for the family - and they turned out just GREAT.

But my daughter asked me to shuck the corn. For those of you who are not familiar with the term, shucking is peeling off the corn husks and in particular the little strings that come off the husk and stick to the cob and aren't quite like dental floss but close enough that you want to get RID of them before you eat.

Then she realized what she was really asking -












































(and this is giving you the opportunity to turn back.... really. I don't want to offend anyone who isn't ready to be offended)



















She was asking me to be a grandma shucker.

We giggled about it the rest of the night.

2 comments:

Harmony said...

Hey!! I said "mother shucker"!! Being misquoted on my own mother shucker's blog--shuck that!!

Annette said...

LOL!!!!