Monday, October 12, 2009

A BICYCLE BUILT FOR ONE OLD LADY

A couple of weeks ago, I rode a bicycle (my daughter's) for the first time in years.

So I went ahead and bought one when I got back home.

And tonight I rode it for the first time.


Not everything went well.

The seat, which has this niffy little 'quick-set' so you can change the height on the bicycle seat, immediately fell down every single time I sat on it.

The chain fell off.

Twice.

The brakes worked, after a fashion, but made a constant irritating noise - much like the sound of a squirrel being slowly ground to death by a sander.

It was fantastic.

And to top it all off, I took the bike inside the horses' pasture.

And chased my horse around like a manic with the bike.

Can't imagine a better way to spend an evening.

1 comments:

Annette said...

Sounds fun! I've been somewhat tempted to buy a bike, but maybe when I've lost a bit more tonnage. Remember when you and I would ride our bikes around South Pas? Those were the days. I LOVED bike riding.