Thursday, December 31, 2009

RING OUT THE OLD, BRING IN THE NEW

We take specific dates so seriously sometimes. Things like birthdays, anniversaries, federal holidays.

And a new year becomes a HUGE bump in the road for a lot of us instead of a diving platform.

The concept of setting new year resolutions is nice, something everyone does, and our determination to lose weight - get in shape - cook healthy - generally lasts until about January 10th.

I worked for a health club that made the majority of its annual income from people who signed up in December, January and February - did the tour and 'personal trainer' evaluation... and never showed up again BUT were forced to make their monthly payments for the next three years.

I have decided to do something a little bit different this year.


HOPE'S RANDOM AND BUOYANT INCLINATIONS:

1. I resolve to WAKE UP EVERY DAY (note that I am not saying I will necessarily wake up in the morning, just that I will wake up sometime during the day.... or night).


2. I promise I will continue TO BREATH on a fairly regular basis.

3. And last of all I commit myself to WRITING SOMETHING COMPLETELY OUTRAGEOUS at least once every other day, posting it on the internet when it will be randomly looked at by three friends, two family members, and one person who innocently was searching for a recipe including dates and Brazil nuts.

Let's see if I can keep this up until January 10, 2010.

1 comments:

Annette said...

You can do it, Hope!!!