Thursday, February 4, 2010

FEAR IS THE MIND-KILLER

I do not consider myself a "fearful" person. I've jumped out of an airplane  - I live in a drug & people smuggling corridor - I worked in Baltimore for two years - I've been through a 6.8 earthquake - I had three teenagers at home at one time - I routinely encounter rattlesnakes and tarantulas - and I have a 16.1 hand horse who continually tries to crawl in my lap like a little puppy.

But last night I jumped and screamed like a little girl.


I turned down my bed comforter, and found a big spider just SITTING there.

Now I can courageously face the fact that there are multiple spiders, mice, flies, and 26 year- old young men who call my home their home. I may not like sharing, but I can put up with it. I can even accept that while I am asleep, I probably do regularly have spiders sharing my personal space.

But I just can't get my head around FINDING them while the lights are still on.

Somebody wanna come over tonight and spend the night?

1 comments:

Annette said...

I feel the exact same way you do!!