Tuesday, February 9, 2010

INSOMNIA OR INSANITY?

I've always been a night sort of person.

Anything after 8 p.m. is simply more fun - everything after midnight is hysterically funny - and watching that first faint blush of dawn on the horizon is always so beautiful.


But I do like sleeping - just sometimes I like doing it at 4 p.m.

All my life I have been exceedingly scornful of insomniacs, always confident that since I could always go to sleep almost immediately and stay asleep for... well, weeks, actually, but that is another story... since I could do it, everyone else must simply be wound tight or not relaxed enough or not eating properly.


Until my uterus and I parted company, with instant and complete menopause hitting me, and obviously some hormones dissappearing.


Suddenly I couldn't sleep more than a couple of hours at a time without medication. And began that damning routine of sleeping pills, the morning cloud of Ambien-still-in-the-bloodstream (much like being drunk, just not as much fun).


And Ambien CR is classified as a NARCOTIC - which means a physician has to approve every single prescription you get for it.


I mean, do people sell it on the street or something? "Hey, kid, here, wanna take something that will knock you out completely?!" Is there an unseen profit?

And right now I ran completely out on Saturday - my pharmacy didn't request a refill until today - and my doctor doesn't get back in the office until tomorrow.


Anyone wanna chat around 3 a.m.? Look and see if I'm on-line, okay?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm definitely a morning person. I have most of my energy then. At night is when I'm cranky and stressed. Hey, I'll be your first black-market Ambien customer!

Clerk said...

If you are encountering consistent problems in falling asleep at night and are unable to cure your insomnia in spite of putting in your best efforts, you should soon pay a visit to the doctor. After evaluating you as a victim of the sleep disorder insomnia, the physician may prescribe sleep aid pills such as Ambien, Lunesta et al for you but to extract maximum benefits from the sleep aid pill, it is to be taken as per the instructions of the doctor. However, before you move ahead to treat your insomnia with Ambien, it would be considerably beneficial for you to obtain first hand information on Ambien from the website http://www.sleep-aid-pills.com/.