Monday, February 15, 2010

WANTED NEEDED PLEADED

NEEDED: HOME FOR SPOILED, OVER-INDULGED SMALL COUGAR, SINCE OWNER IS LOSING FIGHT AGAINST ALLERIES. REFERENCES, BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG TESTING ALL MANDATORY IN ADDITION TO PHYSICAL CHECK-UP.

So why do allergies crop up at simply weird times?

I understand why I am allergic to penicillin - I got it way too many times when I was a baby. Same with my second daughter; she had to go through the British military health system, and I think that is the only antibiotic they had access to in the 80's (better than leeches at least, right?).

And I do wonder if I have that horrible reaction to sulfa because God was trying to get my attention at the time (He did, by the way, get my attention).

But why oh why do I sneeze constantly when I'm around alfalfa hay?! I have horses (finally) that I completely ADORE - so my nose explodes when I feed them... twice a day... every day.

Why can't I be allergic to brussel sprouts - or nylon pantyhose - or the state of Arkansas?

Over the past six years, I have developed an allergy to my cat. My wonderful, affectionate, long-haired, constantly shedding and demostrative dog-humilating cougar/feline #1 animal (NOTE: Najale, Sally, Murray and Delilah, Pandora promised to kill me is I didn't list him first - honestly, I do love you guys)..

And since I figure since he's probably got another ten years of dog-abuse ahead of him - let's see if someone else wants a small puma to love for that long.

1 comments:

Annette said...

Sorry, we don't need a cat. Good luck with separating your allergies from the cat dander. They say rinsing a cat in the sink once a week with water will really help cut down the dander (but freak out the cat probably!)