Monday, May 24, 2010

AGGRAVATION 101

I learned a while back that irritation is, like almost all human emotional responses, completely subjective.

What may annoy you one time - say, the sound of a screen door slamming - can be a completely joyous occasion the next time you hear it - when a part of your heart walks back into your life.

It's up to you.

Although it has taken most of my life, I am finding joy in almost all things nowadays. I will admit some times it is only after taking several deep breaths, counting to 5... or 10... or once in a very great while, to 134,288 - but it will come.

If I let it.

So next time something gets under your skin - a comment, a noise, a sight - let it go. Don't let it control what you are feeling. Remain where you want to be (hopefully happy, peaceful and content).

Happiness is a decision.

0 comments: