Thursday, May 20, 2010

JUST LITTLE TIDBITS

My granddaughter began singing a song today that she had learned at preschool ("He's Got The Whole Word In His Hands"), and was astonished when I began to sing it with her right away.

My grandson has been learning pick-up lines at age 6 - his favorite one is "Do you know how much a polar bear weighs? Enough to break the ice!"

My daughter is an aggressive driver - wait, I think "aggressive" is too soft a description. She learned to drive on the East Coast, and is the one who always needs to be in front, will not allow anyone to pass her, and is always the first one in line anywhere. -- And today I (unfortunately) followed her example and forced my way into a McDonald's drive-thru. (It also helped that I was driving her Ford Explorer, which is roughly the same size as M1 Abrams Army tank).

Kate can scream without taking a breath for nine seconds. Time it yourself and try it - I can't do it. (And did you know that the Hawaiian word 'haole' also means "no breath"?)

The cat has discovered that if he threatens to poop on the carpet, I will race and clean his litter box. Another fine example of human training, and how good felines are at it.

0 comments: