Thursday, August 5, 2010

THE SMELL OF COOKIES IN THE OVEN

I've felt so incredibly sorry for the people in the Midwest and East Coast that have been suffering from this most recent heat wave.

Temperatures have been in the "triple-digits" - which, by the way, is one of my favorite television weather-person expressions.

My mind immediately goes to somewhere around the 300's, so it gets my attention... which is exactly what they want, right?

And to me it is totally insane that people actually get PAID to say things like "the probability of precipitation is the likelihood of measurable precipitation for this forecasted time, and occurring at any point for which the forecast is valid."

Wow.

Okay, where were we? Oh, yeah, the heat wave.

There are heat warnings in Arizona, of course, but we expect those. It was 102 degrees F here yesterday - but hey, we're in Arizona, so....

But THIS AFTERNOON, a nice little thunderstorm blew in, poured a few buckets of rain over us, and cooled off the area nicely.

Right now it is 72.3 degrees - I may get my sweatshirt out.

And I have to provide some cookies for a funeral on Saturday - I am jumping on the chance to have the oven on and still remain inside the house!



0 comments: