Sunday, September 26, 2010

A POEM BEGINS WITH A LUMP IN THE THROAT


The title is from Robert Frost.

Me? I'm trying to figure out why I have not been able to write.

Normally writing is not a simply a compulsion - it's a necessity for me.

It may because my damaged brain needs to see words physically banged out, misspelled, and in increasingly random disarray.

Because I think the methodology of checked, moving, putting in correct order, helps my thinking process to somehow straighten out.

Or maybe not.

 
 I think right now with hugely conflicting emotions dueling on my inner stage, the brawl must be completed, the winner recognized, before I can write about it.

At least I hope - I miss this blog.







"Poetry is man's rebellion against being what he is." ~James Branch Cabell

0 comments: