Sunday, September 19, 2010

STILL ON A ROLL...


The last couple of blogs I've written about memory loss...

... wait a minute, was it about memory loss or something else?

Hmm.  I don't remember.

But our church's world-wide conference is coming up the first weekend of October. Which means the great majority of Latter-Day Saints in the United States stay at home and watch our church leaders on television in our pajamas while eating left-over popcorn and drinking diet soda.

Or maybe that is just me.

Anyway, this happens twice a year - April and October - and we got two days of live broadcasts (at least here in U.S.) of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and talks from our prophet (President Monson) and a wide variety our leaders, who range from heart surgeons, lawyers, nuclear engineers, pilots, and very regular teachers.

I find it amazing that no one is assigned a topic, but somehow there always seems to this incredible choreography of subjects that tie gracefully and magically into each other.

Okay, maybe I just find it reassuring.

But one complaint I have heard over and over again is "but why do they always talk about the same old things?! I mean, like prayer, scripture study, family home evening and attending the temple! We've heard it again and again!"




And this is where the old lady with no short-term memory can tell you exactly why -

Because we still don't get it.

Let's listen this time, people, and keep trying, okay?


P.S. And this has to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen about our work for the dead - click on the link, but I think you really have to be LDS to laugh at it.

0 comments: